You may never have heard of hypochlorous acid (HOCl) and probably do not know it’s used by some manufacturers within hand sanitiser products. But is it safe to use an acid that you are going to apply on your hands? Coler Medical PPE explores this topic in this article.
Hypochlorous acid is entirely natural
In answer to the question, “Can hypochlorous acid be used as a hand sanitiser?” the answer is, definitely YES! HOCI (also sometimes called electrolysed water) is an entirely natural biocidal product and is generated by the human body (and in other animals too) as a defence mechanism against various invading micro-organisms. Used as a disinfectant HOCI is a treatment in wound care and burns management. Infact, it is so safe that HOCl is even approved by the EPA for use in drinking water.
Use hypochlorous acid in your workplace or at home
Qualities to expect from a top-quality hand sanitiser
- Kills viruses, bacteria, and pathogens upon contact – yes, HOCI is laboratory tested and kills 99.99% of viruses, bacteria, and pathogens upon contact. HOCI is clinically-proven in trials to kill coronaviruses (including COVID-19), C-DIF, MRSA and many others too
- Kills mould and fungus – yes, HOCI also kills mould and fungus too. If these happen to find themselves on hands the spores will be killed instantly upon contact
- Is chemical-free and natural – yes, (HOCl) is alcohol and chemical-free. As Hypochlorous Acid is 99.99% water, it is also PH Neutral and provides skin hydration too
- Is suitable for use on sensitive skin – yes HOCI is suitable for use on sensitive and even broken areas of skin. HOCI can also be used for treating conditions such as acne and psoriasis. It has also been used for the treatment of maskne (i.e., acne due to long-term mask-wearing, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Is safe to pets – yes, infact hypochlorous acid is used for wound care on many animals (including dogs, cats, and horses, etc.)
- Is safe for pregnant mothers, babies, and children – absolutely, yes!
- Is vegan-friendly – HOCI contains no animal products and is, therefore, both vegan-friendly and also halal certified
- Environmentally-friendly – HOCI is natural and is as kind to the environment as it is to human skin
- Has a wider use than hands – yes, HOCI can be used across all areas of skin (e.g., feet, legs, stomach, arms, and facial areas) and can be used on work surfaces as a disinfectant
- Leaves no residue – HOCI leaves absolutely no residue and is totally absorbed by the skin through an entirely natural process
Sanitiser products sold by Coler Medical PPE, are highly effective against viruses, bacteria, and pathogens
Contacting Coler Medical PPE
We hope you have found this article enjoyable and thought-provoking? If you need clarification about the use of hypochlorous acid, especially in the use of hand sanitisers then why not contact Coler Medical PPE using the methods below:
- Phone – +44 (0) 1827 794 294
- Email – email@example.com
- Contacting us – https://colermedical-ppe.com/contact-us-2/
We reply to all enquiries ASAP after their receipt, we look forward to hearing from you.